DR. SHARMA-FUNG PROVIDES PERSONALIZED TREATMENTS TO PATIENTS INCLUDING INVISALIGN AND MORE....
I find the profession of orthodontics to be endlessly fascinating, as it combines both scientific knowledge and artistic flair. It is a privilege for me to be an orthodontist and I am dedicated to making sure that my patients have a great result and experience when they come to the office. Ours is a very small but dedicated team, I treat every patient myself and as a result, we get to know our patients very well. My team and I are very friendly and keen to make sure every patient feels welcome and taken care of.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – University of Toronto, Trinity College, Toronto, Ontario
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (1992-1996) – University of Detroit-Mercy, Detroit, Michigan
- Dean’s Honour List
- American Association of Oral Pathologists Award
- General Practice Residency (1996-1997) – Boston Medical Centre, Boston, Massachusetts
- Masters of Science (2002-2005) – Orthodontic Specialty training, King’s College London, Guy’s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
- Research presented at the World Federation of Orthodontists, Paris, France
- Membership in Orthodontics (2005) – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (2008)
- Fellowship in Orthodontics (2013) – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (http://www.rcsed.ac.uk/fellows-members/fellows-and-members-list.aspx?forename=&surname=sharma&country=&area=&page=1)
Orthodontics requires lifelong learning, as there is continually emerging new research, technologies, and materials. I believe that as a clinician, I owe it to my patients to stay abreast of these developments in order ensure that I am providing them with the best clinical and scientifically sound treatment. As a certified specialist in both Canada and the United Kingdom, I attend conferences in North America and internationally several times per year (most recently the 8th International Orthodontic Congress http://wfo2015london.org) through the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Toronto Orthodontic Study Club.
I also teach orthodontics at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry, where I am an assistant professor (https://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/users/khushee-sharma) I find teaching orthodontics to be extremely rewarding; my students challenge me intellectually and keep me on my toes!
Outside the Office
I am originally from Toronto, Ontario, though I have lived in several places, from Trinidad and Tobago to Winnipeg. I now live in Toronto, with my husband Nigel. We love exploring the city and sampling all the great food the city has to offer!!
Keyword Search: Braces, Braces Cost, Invisalign, Invisalign Cost, Female, Orthodontdist, Orthodontics, Markham, Unionville, Brooklin, Toronto, Ontario, University of Toronto, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Tooth Braces